After 12 years of producing quality back-office software for Sharp ECR/POS terminals our SharpLynx software development has now come to an end. Version 9 is the last major upgrade to our SharpLynx software.
For a limited time we are offering discounted upgrades to Version 9 for licenced users who would like to extend the support life of their software. See our Version History page for End of Support dates by version. Discounted crossgrades to our Uniwell Lynx software are also available for licenced users … see the post Is it time to upgrade your Sharp ECR/POS Terminals?
Take advantage of these limited offers while they last!
Contact Us for more information
We have been advised by the company that hosts our electronic licence activation server that they have recently enforced some security updates that may impact the activation and deactivation of electronic licences from older operating systems.
“Industry standards now require increased security in encryption protocols to keep data safe. We are legally-obligated to comply with these increased security requirements, and doing so requires changes to our hosting infrastructure.”
What Operating Systems are Affected?
Effectively immediately TLS 1.0 is no longer supported for secure connections to their licensing servers. Secure access to their licensing servers is only possible from systems that support TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2.
Here is a summary of the new operating system requirements:
- Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer with Internet Explorer 11 or newer is required.
- It is possible to use Windows Vista / Windows Server 2008 with Internet Explorer 10, but users may need to adjust settings on their computer to enable support.
- Windows XP / Windows Server 2003 R2 or earlier, or Internet Explorer 9 or earlier do not support the newer, required standards.
For operating systems that do not support TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 the activation/deactivation processes may fall-back to a less secure connection method. However, if this fails the only solution will be to update the operating system to one that is supported.
Note: This change only affects activations and deactivations. Licences that were activated prior to this change will continue to function normally.
We are pleased to announce the release of SharpLynx v9!
- New Report Style
- Report colour scheme option added to Preferences
- Sales Batches
- Location, Sales Terminal and Date Range filters added to Process Sales Batches, Unprocess Sales Batches and Delete Sales Batches
- Day of Week column added to Sales Batch grids
- Stock Control
- Modify Item button added to Stock Purchases
- Manager Reports
- Item description added to Delete Item entries in User Log
- Data File Management
- Optimise Data File option added to Backup Data File
- Purge Data – ALL Transactional Data and Totals up to 23x faster
Old Features Removed
- HASP Licence Key support
- MYOB Link Add-On
- LiquorFile Add-On
- Maximum number of Price Levels reduced from 236 to 99